Information about upcoming and on-going floodplain management training and education in New Hampshire and across the country.
Upcoming NFIP Training Opportunities
- Upcoming training: Join us for an informative two-hour training on the fundamentals of enforcing floodplain management regulations and tips for preventing and resolving violations. Topics covered will include a brief overview of the minimum requirements of a NFIP participating community, common violations, tools to bring violations into compliance, and enforcement process recommendations. Learn more and register here
OPD Floodplain Management Learning for Community Officials On Demand (FLOOD)
The following short (less than 30 minutes) FLOOD training videos are available on OPD’s YouTube page
OPD Floodplain Management Program Recorded Webinars
The following recorded webinars are available on OPD’s YouTube page
Additional Online No Cost Training Opportunities
- Floodplain Management Basics for Community Officials
- Making Substantial Improvement Determinations
- Making Substantial Damage Determinations
- Floodplain Development Scenarios: Practical Examples for Community Officials
- Floodplain Variances
Onsite Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses at Limited Cost
- Floodplain Management and Emergency Management Courses are offered by FEMA at the Emergency Management Institute in Emmitsburg, Maryland. All courses are free to State and Local personnel, including a reimbursement for your travel. Some courses that are offered include E273 "Managing Floodplain Development Through the NFIP", E278 "Community Rating System", and E194 "Advanced Floodplain Management Concepts." If you are interested in taking a course, please contact OPD's Floodplain Management Staff.