Skip to main content

Become a Contractor Resources

Resources for Becoming a Contractor

Department of Administrative Services

Within New Hampshire, the majority of our state’s contracting and purchasing is done through the New Hampshire Department of Administrative Services. Within this department, the Bureau of Purchase and Property manages most purchases of goods and non-construction services for all state agencies, while the Bureau of Public Works is in charge of non-highway construction services.

Government Agencies

The NH Department of Transportation, which handles highway construction contracts, is one of the leading purchasing agencies in New Hampshire. Other state agencies that issue Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) and Requests for Information (RFIs) include:


The University System of New Hampshire (UNH-Durham, UNH-Manchester, Keene State College, Plymouth State University and Granite State College) procures goods and services through USNH Procurement Services. Similarly, the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) offers bids to work across its 12 locations in New Hampshire. The New Hampshire Department of Education also regularly issues RFPs. Finally, Educational & Institutional Cooperative Services offers competitively solicited contracts for all levels of education.