OPD 2023 Monthly Webinar Series – Planning Lunches at Noon (PLAN)
Join the OPD Planning Division staff every third Thursday of the month from 12 to 1 pm
to learn more about various planning and zoning topics. The topic for each PLAN webinar will be announced through Plan-link
and posted below in advance of the webinar date.
Each PLAN webinar will be free and conducted live with a presentation and question and answer session. Each webinar will be recorded and available for viewing on OPD’s YouTube channel
. The slides and handouts for each webinar will be available below prior to the webinar.
is available to assist attendees with accessing and using Microsoft Teams, which is the webinar system that will be used for this series.
Feedback on the webinars is welcomed and participants are encouraged to complete the anonymous Webinar Feedback Survey
Upcoming PLAN Webinars
Previous PLAN Webinars
- December 21, 2023: A Review of 2023 Planning & Zoning Legislation and Preview of 2024 from noon – 1 pm.
The next webinar in the New Hampshire Office of Planning and Development’s (OPD) Planning Lunches at Noon (PLAN) Webinar Series is 2023 Planning & Zoning Legislation Review and Preview of 2024
Join OPD Principal Planner Noah Hodgetts and New Hampshire Housing Deputy Executive Director/Chief Legal Officer Benjamin Frost, AICP, Esq. to:
- Learn about legislation enacted during the 2023 legislative session that affects the responsibilities and authority of municipal planning and zoning boards.
- Get a preview of the planning, zoning, land use, and housing related bills proposed for the 2024 legislative session.
- To register, click here. You will receive a confirmation email from Microsoft Teams, please check your spam folder.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
- November 9, 2023: Using Census Data for Municipal Planning
- October 19, 2023: The ABC’s of TRC-2023
- September 21, 2023: Recipe for CIP-How to start and utilize a Capital Improvement Program
- August 17, 2023: It's Zoning Amendment Time.... Again! (2023 Version)
- July 20, 2023 - Land Use Administrator 101
- June 29, 2023: Intuitive Zoning for Housing: Form-Based Codes
Form-based codes start with a community’s desired building types and create rules to enable that kind of development. Learn where it can work and how to get started.
- June 22, 2023: Tax Relief for Housing: RSA 79-E
New Hampshire’s RSA 79-E enables local tax incentives for development and redevelopment of housing. Also known as the Community Revitalization Tax Relief, RSA 79-E also contains the new affordable housing focused Housing Opportunity Zone tool. Learn where these tools can be appropriated and how to use them effectively.
- June 15, 2023: Shifting Housing Potential: Transfer of Development Rights
With Transfer of Development Rights, you can direct new housing to areas that better support development while preserving areas with high conservation value. Learn how to pull off this complex strategy at the local level.
- June 8, 2023: Housing in Nature: Open Space/Cluster Housing Ordinances
Cluster housing is a tool that groups housing in a development while preserving the rest of the land as open space. Learn how to update this classic zoning tool to meet today’s needs and to see cluster housing developments actually get built.
- June 1, 2023: Housing Toolbox Overview
Get an overview of the NH Housing Toolbox, each of the tools involved, and how to find the tools that are right for you.
- May 18, 2023: Making Zoning Work for Housing in Your Community
- April 20, 2023: Congratulations, you’re a Board Member Now! What’s Next?
- February 16, 2023: Navigating the Planning and Zoning Board Handbooks: What’s New in the 2022 Editions?
- January 19, 2023: 2023 Planning and Zoning Legislation Primer
- December 15, 2022: Housing Supply Report
- November 10, 2022: Resilient Land Use Guide for NH
- October 20, 2022: It’s Zoning Amendments Time… Again!
- September 15, 2022: Municipal Land Use Regulations Survey Results
- August 18, 2022: Economic Development Tools for Municipalities (ERZ, EDC, TIF, 79-E) NH Economic Revitalization Zone Program
- July 21, 2022: Introduction to Preservation Planning in New Hampshire
- June 16, 2022: EngAGEing Communities in Planning for All: An Update on Age-Friendly Work Across the State
- May 19, 2022: No PLAN webinar due to 2022 Spring Planning and Zoning Conference.
- April 21, 2022: Infrastructure Investments: Paving the Way for Electric Vehicles
- March 17, 2022: Developments of Regional Impact - Best Practices for Board Members
- February 17, 2022: Housing Supply in New Hampshire: Trends and New Approaches
- January 20, 2022: Putting Your Master Plan to Work
Previous PLAN webinar recordings can be viewed on OPD’s YouTube channel
and slides and related documents could be accessed from here
If you would like to inquire about any of OPD’s past webinars and materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org