Skip to main content

SLR Process

Surplus Land Review Process
CORD is also responsible for making recommendations on the disposal of state owned real property as outlined in Surplus Land Review Process 

Surplus Land Review for Leasing State Owned Land on the Shores of Public Waters
RSA 4:39-d  limits the leasing of State owned land on the shores of public waters. See CORD fact sheet for Leasing State Owned Land on the Shores of Public Waters.

Application Process
A Surplus Land Request should originate in the state department or agency having management responsibility for the real estate. An SLR must be accompanied by an application form and cover letter addressed to the BEA Commissioner and CORD Chair. Please provide complete answers to all questions on the application form, clearly explain the nature of the request and intended use of the property, and provide accompanying maps, tax maps and photographs as appropriate.

Surplus Land Review Application Deadlines

Surplus Land Review applicants should submit one digital copy via e-mail to, one hardcopy with original signatures of the completed application to: NH Bureau of Economic Affairs, NH Office of Planning & Development, 100 North Main St, Suite #100, Concord, NH 03301.