Information and resources about coastal floodplain mapping, regulations and resiliency.
FEMA Non-Regulatory Coastal Maps and Reports for New Hampshire
- Rockingham County Coastal Erosion Hazard Map and Study (2016)
- Rockingham and Strafford Counties Flood Risk Map, Report, and Database (2016)
Coastal Floodplain Mapping Resources
- Mapping Viewers
- Mapping Resources
Coastal Floodplain Management Regulations
- The NH State Building Code (effective July 1, 2022) references the International Building Code 2018 and International Residential Code 2018, which both include requirements for development occurring in Special Flood Hazard Areas, some of which exceed minimum NFIP requirements most especially in coastal areas. FEMA has a list of Building Code Resources that provide information concerning the flood resistant provisions of the 2018 International Code Series®, highlights of American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 24-14, and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) requirements.
- See Technical Information and Guidance for further guidance about coastal regulations
- ASFPM No Adverse Impact in the Coastal Zone (May 2007)
New Hampshire and Maine Coastal Flood Resiliency Resources and Guidance