March 2, 2023
- Are you considering a company expansion or relocation? The New Hampshire Department of Business and Economic Affairs’ Business Development team can help guide you through every step of the
From startups to small businesses and multi-national corporations, regardless of size or sector, you’ll be paired with a business recruitment expert who will curate a plan customized to your requirements. Areas of focus span from talent attraction to commercial real estate searches and much more. Throughout the process, you’ll be met with confidential, prompt and consistent follow-up.
Below are frequently asked questions and other relevant information you’ll need to get started and partner with our team of experts.
What does the business development team do?
It assists out-of-state companies considering expansion or relocation to New Hampshire and works with established companies within the state on their plans to expand.
What resources does the team offer?
Talent attraction and training; office and industrial real estate; state and local permitting; financing; tax credits; government contracting, and international trade, as well as connections with key local, state, and regional officials.
What are some companies the business development team has helped to expand/relocate to New Hampshire?
Who do I contact to get started?
- Novocure – based in Israel
- After calling downtown Portsmouth its U.S. home for nearly 15 years, in 2021, the life sciences company announced the expansion of its growing employee base in Portsmouth and the development of a world-class training and development center.
- Can-One USA – based in Malaysia
- The packaging and containers manufacturer chose New Hampshire for its first U.S. location.
- Onsemi – based in California
- The power semiconductor IC supplier opened a silicon carbide production facility in Hudson in 2022.
- JRNI Inc. – based in the United Kingdom
- The software company opened its first U.S. development office in Manchester in 2019 as part of its aggressive U.S. growth and hiring strategies.
- Statewide - Michael Bergeron (603-419-9163)
A former tenant representative broker with CBRE’s Boston office, Bergeron has worked for BEA since 1997 as a business development manager. Over the past 25 years, he’s been instrumental in the expansion and relocation of hundreds of domestic and foreign companies, which have gone on to create thousands of jobs. He and his family live in Litchfield.
- Statewide - Mark Laliberte (603-419-0176)
With a mission to keep New Hampshire companies competitive, Laliberte’s background includes project management, economic development, public policy and politics. Before joining the business development team, the Candia resident was program manager for BEA’s Office of Broadband Initiatives, successfully bringing broadband service to thousands of unserved and underserved locations around the state.
- Carroll County, Coos County and Grafton County – Benoit Lamontagne (603-419-9713)
Lamontagne’s primary focus is business recruitment, expansion and retention within the state’s northern three counties. A resident of Ashland, Lamontagne, who is fluent in French, works closely with our Canadian neighbors. He owned a New Hampshire small business for 30 years and is a member of the New Hampshire – Canada Trade Council.
We look forward to helping your business relocate to or expand in New Hampshire.